Saturday 22 October 2011

Fully coloured Emperor Design

As promised in the previous post, here is a fully coloured character design for the Emperor.  I drew this in Photoshop and I also installed some Watercolour-style brushes to colour it in, which is why this image has the slight look of a watercolour image.  Obviously, the only way to really achieve the look of watercolour paint is to actually do it, but I felt that doing this digitally would give me more opportunity to experiment with colour.
I decided to go for a yellow, green and red colour scheme.  I borrowed colours and patterns from several images of the Jade Emperor and then combined them to create my own character.    Obviously, I will soon need to incorporate more patterns into the design of the character as he does look somewhat plain at the moment, and I also would like to try out other colour schemes and combinations as I develop the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment