Saturday 22 October 2011

Jade Emperor reference

For the Cat and Rat Project, I have been given the task of designing the character of the Emperor.  The character in the story is loosely based on that of the Jade Emperor, the head deity of the Taoist religion.  I have collected various images of him as reference for when I draw up the character design.




The Jade Emperor is portrayed wearing clothing of very different colour schemes in every image; but they all seem to have either red, yellow or green.  The Jade Emperor is virtually always portrayed sitting down; when I wrote the screenplay, I did give him some walking and standing actions.  I will probably retain the walking and standing as that will allow for greater animation opportunities.

My character designs for the Emperor character are to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment