Monday 3 October 2011

Feedback from Thursday's Pitch

I haven't blogged in a few days but I am just posting to say that I pitched my idea and I have received feedback. They all really liked my idea which I am glad about.  The main advice that they gave me was that I could make it look a lot more abstract.  I showed them the trailer for We are the Strange and they all appreciated the chaotic surrealism, and they said that I should aim for this and not conform too much to narrative.

They also stated that I should really avoid the fist fighting that I displayed in one of my pieces of concept art and be more inventive about the type of competition or combat that these characters engage in.  I have decided to take this on board and I have decided to look at existing arcade games to see what I could do with my characters. I may also work this out when I get some storyboard artists on board.

It has been really good to pitch and hear mainly positive feedback about my film concept. It has also been good to watch and listen to other people pitch their ideas as well, as there are some really great concepts that I am looking forward to seeing. It seems as though this year is going to be a lot more arty and we are going to have a lot more freedom to use our tools, whereas the second year, I found to be very technical and it sometimes felt as though there was only a "right" or "wrong" way of doing things.

We are going to have to wait until Thursday to see which projects have been given the green light. I have a plan regarding what I am going to do after the decisions have been made on Thursday; if my project gets chosen, then I will be a director for the year. If not, then I will just freelance and help others out on their projects; particularly the animating, rigging and character design.

I am going to be pretty calm about this for the time being, at least until Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment